• No categories

More about the Kay’s Natural’s Meal Plan

The Kay’s Naturals Meal Plan is not only low in calories, but it provides you with the protein you need to satisfy your hunger. In addition, protein is an excellent nutrient when it comes to toning and building lean muscle as you diet. For example, participants in a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported greater satisfaction, less hunger, and weight loss when they increased protein to 30% of the total calories in their diets, reduced fat to 20%, and kept carbohydrates at 50%. (Source: WebMD)

Note that you don’t have to use the Kay’s Natural’s Meal Plan to enjoy the benefits of Kay’s Naturals weight-loss snacks. You can come up with your own meal plan each day, using recipes you already know and enjoy. Kay’s extensive line of snacks and cereals allow you to choose and stick with any diet program. You can easily incorporate our high-protein, high-fiber, satisfyingly crunchy foods into your diet program as long as you keep the following points in mind.

  1. First you need to know approximately where you are with respect to the average weight to height ratio.  To do this, you can use a BMI calculator like this one.
  2. Honestly track your calorie intake for 3-5 days so you know what your current daily calorie intake really is. You can find out how many calories you’re consuming by using a calorie counter book or website, e.g., the USDA National Nutrient Database.
  3. If you need to lose 10-25 pounds, based on what you learn from calculating your BMI, then try to drop your total calorie intake by 25%.  If you need to lose 26 to 40 pounds, drop your calorie intake by 40%.  If you need to lose 41-65 pounds, then drop your daily calorie intake by 60%.
  4. Using your own present diet or someone else’s diet, such as South Beach, Zone,  Atkins, etc., try to replace 3 out of 5 of their meals with Kay’s Naturals high-protein and high-fiber snacks, cereals or cookies, along with an 8 oz glass of water or diet drink.  Keep in mind that one bag of our protein chips has more protein than 3.5 eggs (15g protein) and 4.5 grams of fiber.
  5. If you want to come up with your own diet, then take a look at what you are eating and try to divide up your food intake into six segments of food intake per day. For 3 of these meals, incorporate one serving of our snacks, cereals or cookies, along with an 8-16 ounce glass of water or diet drink. You can keep your remaining calorie intake the same.  Note that one serving of any of our products has only 100-130 calories.
  6. Stay on this diet for at least 4 weeks, checking and recording your weight daily.  Make sure you rotate the variety of Kay’s Naturals products so your foods stay interesting and fun.
  7. Kay’s snacks average 110 calories per 1 oz serving*. Each bag is 1.5 oz for a total average of 165 calories.  Our cereals have 100 calories per 1 oz serving. Our Cookie Bites have 110 calories per 1 oz serving. (*Some products are higher in calories, but none are higher than 130 calories per one-ounce serving.)
  8. Take an inventory of what type of exercise you do on daily basis.  Buy an inexpensive pedometer to see how many steps you take, or just track how many minutes of walking do you do. Learn how many calories you burn in these types of activities—you can use an online activity calendar like FitWatch. Even if it is minimal, try to increase your movements by 50%. For example, don’t take the elevator once a day, but use stairs if possible; park the car further from the front door so you can walk further; take 5 minutes of stretching in the morning and gradually develop it into a 15-30 minute exercise. As you lose weight, you will have more energy to move around, and thus you will be able to do more exercise.
  9. Finally, do not look at this as a diet. Begin to eat 5-6 small meals per day and view this as a lifestyle that you can sustain for long time. This is a change of lifestyle, not a diet. The purpose is to make a life change, moving away from past routines and beginning new habits. For example, f you have been rewarding yourself and your office mates with donuts once a week, change that to high-protein Cookie Bites from Kay’s. Recognize things with high calories, known as junk foods, and replace them with healthy, satisfying substitutes.
  10. To start your diet/lifestyle change, you may want to follow the Kay’s Natural’s Meal Plan. This will give you a feel for what to eat and what not to eat.

Let Kay’s Naturals help you Get Empowered!

Keep up with Kay’s

Kay’s is tweeting now:

Contact us

Twitter

Stay up to date on sales, news, and contests through Twitter by clicking here.

Newsletter
Get coupons and news delivered directly to your email account: sign up for the Kay’s Naturals Newsletter here.
Telephone
If you have any questions or need to get hold of us, feel free to call us at 320-847-3220.
Email
You can also reach us by email at customerservice@kaysnaturals.com.