It’s often overwhelming trying to figure out what to eat. Dr. Kay recommends the following principles to guide your choices:
- Establish a balanced eating plan eating foods that are high-protein, high-fiber and low-fat. (Use our Kay’s Naturals Power Diet guidelines, or track your portions with a food diary.)
- Balance your blood sugar by consuming high-protein, high-fiber foods (low glycemic index) for better energy, lower calories and fewer cravings.
- Restore digestive and intestinal health by increasing your fiber intake and reducing your portion size.
- Good fats, bad fats, trans-fats: learn the role fats play in health and how to tell the good from the bad. Try to reduce fat intake as much as possible.
- Essential fatty acids: incorporate into your diet Omega 3, 5 and 6 fats common in fish and sea foods—these improve metabolism, focus, skin, joint/muscle, and hormonal health.
- Cardiovascular health: understand the roles of cholesterol, inflammation, and other factors in heart and blood vessel health. Keep your portions small and come up with some stretches for the morning and within the day that extend into 15-minute workouts.
- Neurotransmitters: realize how food affects your moods, cravings and well-being –and most of all, your weight gain.
- Keep in mind that all Kay’s Naturals products are designed to be high in protein and fiber, low in fat and sugar—but always great tasting—to assist you in your diet goals.